Testosterone Replacement Therapy For Men
At Yunique Medical Services, we’re proud to offer bioidentical testosterone replacement therapy. But, before we talk about its benefits, we need to understand what testosterone is, does, and why it matters.
Testosterone is a naturally occurring hormone that’s found in high levels in men, and in lesser levels in women. Among other duties, this hormone regulates sexual development and libido, boosts muscle mass, and helps to produce red blood cells.It plays an important role in men’s health. For the majority of men, testosterone production will peak in their 20s and as they age, it will decrease by 10 percent per decade after they reach their 30s.
As testosterone levels decrease, men will potentially experience a number of symptoms. They include: irritability, central body weigh gain, depression, loss of libido, reduced energy levels, and decreased strength and muscle mass. This hormone is important for women as well, and the reduction of testosterone levels can be unpleasant lead to libido and energy issues and can be difficult for both genders.
However, there are alternatives. When you meet with us, we’ll take a blood sample and analyze it to determine what your hormonal baseline should be, what you’re lacking, and the best way to move forward. Then, we will design a personalized health regimen that’s all about increased energy, mood, and looking and feeling younger, healthier and optimal!
Symptoms of Low Testosterone
- Loss of muscle mass
- Loss of bone mass
- Erectile dysfunction
- Decreased libido
- Weight gain
- Decrease in testicle size
- Loss of body and facial hair
- Sleep problems
- Low energy levels & Fatigue
- Enlargement of male breast tissue
- Mood swings
- Difficulty focussing
- Hot flashes
What TRT Formats Are Available?
Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT), and Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) in particular is an effective treatment for the symptoms of low testosterone. It is vitally important to work with a knowledgeable and experienced medical professional, as safety is a top priority when you are dealing with your hormones. Your medical professional will run tests to ensure that your treatment is going as planned.
At Yunique Medical we specialize in providing the best quality Bioidentical Testosterone Replacement Therapy in various formats tailored to each patient’s specific needs. Note that we do not work with Testosterone pills due to the negative effect they have on the liver. All of our TRT formats bypass the liver to be delivered into the bloodstream.
- Testosterone Pellets – We are well known for our Testosterone pellets, which are small implants the size of a grain of rice which are inserted painlessly just beneath the skin. These pellets release Testosterone into the bloodstream at a rate which mimics the body’s natural hormone release, with each pellet lasting several months.
- Testosterone Injections – Injecting Testosterone directly into the muscle allows for slower absorption than if it was injected directly into the bloodstream.
- Testosterone Gel – Testosterone gel is usually applied once a day on the arms or shoulders, allowing for a slow but continuous absorption over time.
- Skin patches – Another transdermal approach, skin patches deliver more testosterone into the body compared to a gel. A patch is typically attached to the arm or upper body once a day.
- Mouth patches – Testosterone mouth patches are small patches that are applied twice daily to the gum, a highly absorbent part of the bod
Not all TRTs is created equal. We take into account your overall health and specific Testosterone deficiency.
- Customized TRT – Providing the right testing before and throughout your treatment means that you are continually receiving the exact custom dosage your test results dictate.
- Combined treatment options – We work with you on your nutrition, supplementation and lifestyle, as well as offering a number of other treatments that can be used in combination with TRT to achieve your goals.