Individuals who have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) experience troubles with chronic fatigue and weight gain, or even obesity. Surprisingly enough, the fatigue is just a by-product of what is causing the weight gain. Other issues on the molecular level, such as metabolic problems, make it almost impossible to lose and keep the weight off until proper treatment is received.
RELATED: Immune Boosting Benefits of Thymosine Alpha-1 (TA1) | Peptide and IV Therapy
In this article:
- What Causes Chronic Fatigue and Weight Gain?
- How to Treat CFS-Caused Weight Gain
- Examples of Common Treatments
- Other Science-Backed Tips to Lose Weight
- How Can Peptide Hormone Optimization Help
A Hope For People with Chronic Fatigue and Weight Gain
What Causes Chronic Fatigue and Weight Gain?
To understand why there are chronic fatigue and weight gain, it?s important to understand its causes. (Take a look here for a more comprehensive look at the causes of CFS):
- Infections can be the cause. Strands of the herpes virus and conditions such as Lyme disease can create diagnosable physical manifestations like CFS. Any type of infection can cause much stress on the body. With a body being occupied by trying to fight off an infection, weight gain or even weight loss can occur.
- Another cause of chronic fatigue and weight gain is nutritional deficiency. Essential nutrients like Iron, Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Iodine, Folate, Zinc, etc., play important roles in the human body. It seems like the odds are low that people in a developed country would suffer from nutritional deficiencies, but it?s quite common. As modern society began to evolve, and foods were made more available and affordable, people?s health started to take a turn for the worse. Processed food, readily available food, and junk food contain many harmful ingredients contributing to poor health. The problem with processed foods are many, but one is an imbalance of minerals. Without the proper nutrients, the body does not have fuel.
Note: According to UNICEF, at least half of the children (younger than 5 years old) worldwide suffer from vitamin and mineral deficiencies. (October 2019)
- The third is hormones. As we age, our hormones deplete. Hormone depletion can manifest in many ways. Fatigue, though, is a certain sign of decreased hormone levels. Hormones are the body?s signaling agent. They tell the body to perform biochemical processes.
The thyroid hormone is typically the main culprit of hormone-induced CFS. Hypothyroidism symptoms are fatigue, weight gain, cold intolerance with low body temperature (under 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit), achiness, and poor mental function. The adrenal gland is the body?s stress-handler and triggers what is known as the body?s ?fight or flight? reaction. In times of stress, the adrenal gland releases cortisol and adrenaline. Having this hormone released into the body significantly impacts a person. Evolutionarily speaking, humans were only supposed to experience this intense hormonal release and subsequent physical responses once a week?(running into a dangerous predator did not happen every day!)
The current time, unfortunately, calls for much stress to be in our lives. Stress is known to cause inflammation in the body. An excellent example of stress-caused inflammation is atherosclerosis or inflammation of the blood vessel walls. Of course, diet and exercise contribute to inflammation and plaque build-up in arteries and veins. However, plenty of studies show that inflammation causes notable damage to the cardiovascular system, especially in autoimmune disease patients. It?s no wonder the body is tired from trying to reverse events like this!
Perimenopause, menopause, and male menopause can contribute to CFS and CFS weight gain too. Mostly in women, hormones take a steep dive around the age of 35. The drop-off triggers a chain of changes that can interfere with life. The hormones the body is not producing as much contribute to plummeting energy levels. It?s also exhausting and stressful just to go through this experience.
How to Treat CFS-Caused Weight Gain
To get to the root of the problem, an experienced medical provider that understands this issue?s complexities must address the underlying problem?and sometimes there are multiple factors.
The best medical providers to visit for chronic fatigue and weight gain are integrative medical specialists. These providers don?t prescribe a one-size-fits-all treatment, but rather a myriad ? if necessary ? of treatments. CFS is a complicated condition that needs a provider who appreciates that concept.
Examples of Common Treatments
High-dose Vitamin C
High-dose Vitamin C therapies can help eliminate cellular waste from an overload of oxidative stress, free-radical damage, and treating infections. (In fact, high-dose IV Vitamin C are becoming more popular in cancer treatment plans) To contextualize the potency of IV therapy and high-dose Vitamin C infusions, studies and anecdotes alike have shown high-dose vitamin c therapies helping prevent autoimmune flares.
IV treatment programs are perfect for individuals suffering from chronic fatigue and weight gain because of nutrient deficiencies. Any mineral or vitamin can be added to the infusion to maximize results and get patients feeling better fast.
Definition: The placenta is an organ that develops and attaches to the uterus during pregnancy. It provides the growing baby with oxygen and nutrients and removes waste products from the baby?s blood. The umbilical cord arises from the placenta.
Scientists believe HCG affects the hypothalamus of the brain, encouraging the body to release ?abnormal? fat, which is stored for fuel. As a peptide hormone itself, HCG helps the body produce more hormones.
Whether it?s thyroid or aging conditions like menopause and andropause account for weight gain, HCG helps the body lose one pound (and possibly more) every day.
Lipotropic injections, or Lipo-B, are shots containing vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that help boost metabolism:
- Choline: A nutrient that supports energy levels and metabolism.
- Methionine: An antioxidant and amino acid that is important for the growth of new blood vessels.
- Inositol: A vitamin-like substance that improves mood and helps treat high cholesterol, panic disorder, insomnia, and depression.
- Vitamin B12: B12 helps form red blood cells and improves the central nervous systems and metabolism.
- L-Carnitine: An amino acid that helps the body produce energy and is important for cerebral and cardiovascular function, muscle movement, and many other bodily processes.
- Other common shots are vitamin B-6, B complex, Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs), phentermine, MIC. (a combination of methionine, inositol, and choline)
5-amino 1MQ enables the faster fat-burning ability for more energy, maintaining muscle mass. Having no effects on other enzymes, 5-Amino 1MQ is relatively safe and effective for preventing and reversing obesity, other obesity-related conditions, and type 2 diabetes.
Note: It?s vital to know that5-Amino 1MQ contributes to increased basal metabolic rate (BMR), which leads to an increase in appetite.
Other Science-Backed Tips to Lose Weight
Some science-backed ways to lose stubborn body fat:
- Eat More Protein
- Watch What You Drink
- Increase Fiber Intake
- Try Intermittent Fasting
- Choose The Right Exercise
- Improve Sleep Quality
- Consider Non-Invasive Body Treatments
Yunique Medical understands that every person is different, and these differences are characterized by lifestyle, genetics, and environmental factors. Thus, we?ve applied these methods above in a tailored treatment plan serving each client?s needs!
How Can Peptide Hormone Optimization Help
As hormones are among the underlying reasons for chronic fatigue and weight gain, bio-identical hormone replacement therapies can be an effective treatment option. Peptide therapies, though, might be even more of optimum treatment. There are several amino acids?the building blocks of peptides?that are necessary for producing hormones. Therefore if the body is not making enough of those amino acids, the hormone production will be lowered. Certain peptide combinations can help the body fight autoimmune dysfunction such as the leaky gut and even treat Lyme disease infections.
Losing and keeping the weight off is more manageable when one understands the many causes of this problem and precisely the root causes. For people with chronic fatigue and weight gain, simply altering the diet doesn?t help much. Hopefully, with the knowledge and methods of treatment presented in this article, one can find hope in coping with their CFS weight gain situations.
Want to learn more about Peptides as a treatment for chronic fatigue and weight gain? Yunique?s exciting advances in Health Optimization and Performance Medicine offers excellent options for many people dealing with the effects of changing hormones. Contact Yunique Medical for a free consultation on our Precision Health Analysis and Medical Weight Loss Program to see what?s right for you. Come and get optimized with us at one of our four Florida clinics in Ocala, The Villages (Fruitland Park), Daytona, and Orlando!
- Biohacking: Improve Your Well-being With Simple Health ?Hacks?
- 5 Ways To Deal With Receding Hairline In Men
- How to Have More Energy In the Morning
- Micronutrient Facts (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/micronutrient-malnutrition/micronutrients/index.html
- The State of the World?s Children 2019: https://data.unicef.org/resources/state-of-the-worlds-children-2019/
This article was originally published in November 2018. It has been updated for accuracy and relevancy.